Sunday, November 13, 2022

Katy has Crossed the Rainbow Bridge



Our sweet beautiful Katy died Monday November 7, 2022 after a battle with Cushing disease. I couldn't write about it until now. It was a hard journey. We were spoon feeding her baby food at the end. Our Vet isn't open on Mondays and she was due to see the Vet on Tuesday and it wasn't looking great for that visit as she had even started being unable to keep down the baby food. Monday night she passed away allowing her to die at home on her terms. There are not enough wonderful words to say about how caring and supportive our Vet was through this journey. We are very blessed to have had her for this journey and to continue on with Annie.



Katy was 14 years old and we were very blessed to have adopted her from New England Sheltie Rescue when she was 2 years old over Labor Day Weekend. So she lived to see her 14th birthday and her 12th gotcha day. I still don't have the words to write a tribute for her as the wound still feels so raw. I do plan on posting our Halloween pictures in a separate post as it was our last great holiday celebration and I know in years to come I will be grateful to be able to come back and see how happy she was that night.


Run free my dear girl. I know you were looking for Bailey in those last few days. Your Dog Dad found you in Bailey's donut bed which you had ignored since he died a few days before you passed. I know he was there waiting for you. Peace my dear girl. All your pain is gone and you are with the one who has waited for you for some time now.











11 comments:

  1. I am so VERY sorry for your great loss. It's always so hard to lose our fur-babies. Rest peacefully at the Bridge Katy. We shall miss you on this side of the Bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're so sorry to hear that Katy has gone to be with her brother at the Bridge. You gave her a wonderful life and did the best you could for her. Our paws are crossed for all in your family both four and two legged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're so sad to hear about your beautiful Katy.

    (Chester has Cushing's too, and takes medication.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your tremendous loss of your beautiful Katy. I hope Annie is able to provide you with some smiles during this time of immense grief.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I send you my sincere condolences at the loss of your beautiful Katy...she gave and received unconditional love.

    Kind and beautiful brown eyes
    Always and furever remembered
    Treasure to all who loved you
    Your lush furs perfectly framed your face
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're so sorry to hear that Katy has crossed the Bridge. She lived a wonderful life with you and her siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are so sorry for your loss. We never have enough time with our precious furkids. Your Katy was a beauty. Huge hugs to you♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are so very sorry to hear about Katy. Sending love and hugs your way.
    xoxo,
    Beth and the LLB Gang

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for the loss of beautiful Katie ! She knew - and gave - so much love !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so sorry that you lost Katy. My Tucker passed away at home. I felt guilty because I got sore and got up to sleep on the couch rather than staying with him. Hope Christmas isn't too hard for you without her.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and try to respond back on your blogs.
I am sorry I cannot comment on blogs which require Google + or Facebook to comment. I am not a member and have no plans to join.