Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tyler Turkey


We got mail! Our first every Thanksgiving toy arrived. Mom has been on a kick to bring back Thanksgiving as it has been passed by since both sets of parents have moved out of state. This was a good thing for us because it meant she was on a quest to find holiday themed toys to keep us and the Thanksgiving visitors amused.


First up is Tyler Turkey who arrived yesterday. Mom had been looking everywhere for local Thanksgiving toys, but everyone has moved on to Christmas. As she approached the Internet, she found many places were already sold out. She originally found Tyler on Amazon.com, but you could not place an order directly through Amazon, you had to go to Entirely Pets to get him. They had a Pilgrim Dog Toy made by Kyjen available for direct order from Amazon through the same company that hasn't arrived yet. It is supposed to be here a couple of days before Thanksgiving. Mom will post pictures and let you know how he worked out.


Katy took off the first time the turkey gobbled, but she is starting to get curious. Dad says it does make a unique gobbling sound. I have been carrying it around since Mom took it out of the bag. Dad finally made me let Katy have time to play with it, too. Our time with our Thanksgiving toys will be short. Mom will pack them away and bring out the Christmas toys she packed away last year. However, next year we will have a longer time to visit with them. Perhaps they will even have new friends if she thinks to look at Halloween instead of waiting until November.

9 comments:

  1. Cute! Can't wait to see the pilgrim.

    Christmas comes way too early to the retail market. There oughta be a law against selling Christmas before thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so lucky to have a good mumma. we get toys for christmas but we get really rough sometimes and rip them. mumma has to get her pointy thing and string to sew our toys. maybe me and casey should play nice. ~cain

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this toy! I am going to remember it for next year. I am so glad you were able to find something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Those pooches sure are spoiled! How funny that it gobbled and scared Katy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharing toys is a little hard right now with new Tucker in the house. Stewie doesn't really want to. He's learning. Glad you share so well! That's a good idea to save the holiday toys...I never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a turkey that needs to be DE-stuffed instead of stuffed. Heehee!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turkey is so cute, I hope you guys have so much fun playing

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Turkey looks so cute and I bet it's fun to play with. I hope my mom celebrates Thanksgiving too so she will get me a toy :(. She always says she needs some good reasons / excuses to get me toys.

    Licks
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  9. That turkey looks so cute. Mommy is beginning to think she has to buy toys in pairs. Seems like Benji and I both want the same toy. She is thinking if she buys us both one -- that hopefully we won't try to snatch the same one out of each other's mouths.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and try to respond back on your blogs.
I am sorry I cannot comment on blogs which require Google + or Facebook to comment. I am not a member and have no plans to join.