Friday, April 29, 2011

Why No Doggy Friendly Museums?




We were so excited. Mom and Dad said we were having a guest come to see us on this weekend. Then she told us the bad news. They are going to the Science Discovery Museum in Acton and we cannot go because no dogs are allowed. We hear this all the time and it does not seem to bother Mom and Dad. They constantly pick sites that exclude us. Can you believe it?

Mom did say there she will take us to the Whisker Walk in Lancaster which is something like a fair in June, but just when is June! It is tomorrow we want to be included in the activities. Dad reminded us we do go to concerts on the common in the summer every week with Grandma and Grandpa. That is cool. Summer is still a long time away. Dad promises we will play ball and Frisbee with our weekend guest. I guess that is the best we can have to look forward to this time.

There must be many activities to explore at one of these museum places. We could learn about the science involved with a dog Frisbee catch. We of course would want this to be paws on minds on project. We could visit an exhibit exploring the physics of squirrel chasing. Again, activity would be essential to the success of the exhibit. How about a room full of doggy puzzle toys? Mazes? The possibilities are endless. Mom is not very encouraging about this situation.

14 comments:

  1. we love museums too, so sad Havi cannot join!

    www.twogradstudentsandapittie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a bit like trying to take us on vacation - there are not a lot of places that "allow" us? And why not I ask? There are some good sites online that list places though and my Mom and Dad use them a lot. We had the most pawsome vacation in the Rockie Mountains thanks to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right!!! There should be more doggy friendly places for us!!! I love museums too!!!
    ~ Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. When our mommy and daddy go away, we have to stay at Grandma's house. Sometimes I wish I could go with them. I told her I promised I would not drool on anyone. ~Cain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Guys
    We changed our giveaway a little so every doggie who likes and dislikes water can enter. Hope that makes it easier :)

    So what is your challenge?
    It is to show me that water can or can not be fun, so get the parents to get out the cameras or hunt through those files and show me some pics of you having fun with water or the clever ways you have of avoiding water. You could be having a bath, running in the sea, a river, a pond or a puddle. You could be playing with the garden hose or getting sprayed with a squirt bottle. You could even be standing in the rain !!! And YES - you can even be avoiding the water if you want too - that is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your Mom should submit her ideas and you never know!! They might like it and then you can go!! BTW...June isn't far away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking fire hydrant museum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being a pet parent, I completely agree that there should be more pet friendly places. There are plenty of places I've simply not gone because my guys were not welcome. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute way of looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting my blog; I'm signing on here as a follower. I totally agree that there ought to be more dog-friendly places. Think of all those English pubs where dogs are welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's not right, we should have many more rights to go to cool places!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a great Idea!! they should make a museumthat allow all animals to come

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree 100%. Way too many reasonable places where canines could be allowed, but they are not. :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's not fair that dog's can't go everywhere with us! One of my favorite places was Key West, where you can take dogs everywhere. My old black lab loved the aquarium most!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and try to respond back on your blogs.
I am sorry I cannot comment on blogs which require Google + or Facebook to comment. I am not a member and have no plans to join.