Thursday, April 7, 2011

Peanut Butter Pills

Growing up giving the dogs pills was as much punishment for the owner as the dog. The dogs were as creative at hiding the pills we thought they had swallowed as we were at hiding the food we hated from our parents.

When we took Bailey to the vet, she introduced us to a simple method for giving pills, peanut butter. Bailey and now Katy both love peanut butter. We smear a little on the pill and they think they are being spoiled rotten. We keep a separate jar and brand of peanut butter to avoid any chance of cross contamination between dog medication and human consumption of peanut butter. This was a personal choice.

The little things make life easier.

4 comments:

  1. I used to think that Eva would eat any tablets just like that (because she's such a greedy girl) but I have found one tablet she won't eat, and those are Vitamin B tablets! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I have Boxers, with large jowls, peanut butter is a no-no in this house. They will drool and slurp and lick for hours. Its gross and annoying. LOL. I have learned to shove their pill in a piece of hotdog. Works like a charm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is luckily one thing we don't have to contend with. Our dog inhales it whole then worries about what it was later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the way I use too :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and try to respond back on your blogs.
I am sorry I cannot comment on blogs which require Google + or Facebook to comment. I am not a member and have no plans to join.