Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Meet Teddy the Newest Member of Sheltie Times



We are used to long searches for our new Sheltie family members so we were quite surprised that we found Teddy just as we were gearing up for the prep to search.

A wonderful woman reached out to me at Sheltie Nation with the names of breeders in our area with puppies available right away.

One of the challenges of finding a new dog is finding good quality breeders. Often the most well advertised breeders are not the ones you want to do business with and the higher quality breeders just don't have the time for an online presence easily located by those hoping to find them. When you have people willing to help you make the match it is such a blessing.



Teddy was born November 25, 2022 and were were very blessed to have him join our Sheltie pack on January 21, 2022 at 8 weeks old. He had 3 adorable sisters. It was hard to decide but Teddy seemed a good choice with Annie. I do wish we'd taken pictures while at the meet and greet but we were so focused on all the interactions and trying to choose that we didn't want the phones to be the focus. It would have been nice to have a family picture for his record.

Teddy loves toys, chasing balls, and is all energy. We are so grateful to Ann at Sheltie Nation and Acadia Shelties in CT for helping us find our new family member. It has been busy getting adjusted as we were really at the thinking about doing this not doing this righ now stage, but it has been worth all the craziness for this beautiful bundle of joy.

10 comments:

  1. I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! Welcome Teddy!!!!! He is sooooo adorable and handsome! He is a Sagittarius so he will be extremely athletic, probably somewhat independent, a little hot-headed and will be SUPER fun-loving and silly! I could NOT BE HAPPIER FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please post when you can!!! I want to watch him grow! (since your blog doesn't come to my email, if you leave a comment somewhere like you did today, I will be able to come back and see him!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to your new home, Teddy! You and Annie look like you are getting along very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Teddy!! What a wonderful furr-ever home you've chosen, we can't wait to watch you grow up!
    xoxo,
    Rosy and Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're very happy to meet Teddy! What a sweet pup!

    We didn't plan on getting a new puppy so soon either. I was just looking up any breeders in the area and one just happened to have two cocker spaniel sisters, Rosy and Baby. They sure keep us busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A special welcome to Teddy! He is adorable and I look forward to hearing about all his adventures.. Hugs ♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Teddy!!! Welcome to the world. Can't wait to hear more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh hi Teddy! I'm sure my Teddy would like to meet you and so would Liam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Teddy, welcome to your new family. When I think of all the love and all the happiness that Teddy will give, I would also like to have a dog again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A BIG congratulations on adopting Teddy! I know he is already well loved. Many happy years ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SO happy to hear that you have a new companion to bless you! Look forward to hearing more about Teddy and your adventures with him!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and try to respond back on your blogs.
I am sorry I cannot comment on blogs which require Google + or Facebook to comment. I am not a member and have no plans to join.