Monday, March 4, 2013

Spa Day



Saturday was spa day. Mom likes to make a big deal of spa day and Dad keeps telling her it is nothing like the stories she tells. No long gossip sessions under the hair dryers, no warm towels, etc. That was until she told him about the oatmeal baths and then to his amazement when Katy had dry skin, they suggested an oatmeal bath and Dad nearly burst out laughing. Score one for Mom. Since then we have been getting oatmeal baths and man does our skin notice it.

The dryer thing, well Dad just wasn't buying that. Then Saturday he called to find out if we were ready only to find out, yep, Katy was in a drying crate. Dad didn't find out if she was gossiping with the "girls" and she'll never tell. However, he's stopped mocking Mom's stories.

Dad figured he'd better grab a shot while Katy's bow was still in her hair. She loves her spa days, but once home, the beauty effects don't last long. Hair ribbons gone and mud appears.

16 comments:

  1. Nothing better than a spa day - well a no spa day.....spa means bath - bath means water - water mean shrinking.... shrinking is bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pretty bow Katy and love the bow tie Bailey. You two look pawsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hate baths or anything like that. Get down and get dirty we say. However glad you enjoyed it. Looking good even if it does not last long. Have a marvelous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good. I have never had a spa day, well I havn't had one that involved getting the skunk spray out of my short furs.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing like a whole lot of pampering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great. We never get spa days. We are going to have to bring this up with the humans. The best we get is a clean pond to rinse off in. :)

    the brown dawgs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tis the season for 'Spa Days'. We have ours tomorrow. We are going to be there awhile, we need "THE WORKS"!!

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha! Your dad is funny! Oatmeal baths?! Excuse me while I go google the recipe right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My doom day is coming soon. I heard someone make the phone call and she said THIS SATURDAY...

    ~ Eva

    ReplyDelete
  10. You two look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spa Day is one of my most FAVORITE days!
    I'm a vain guy :)
    Barks and licks and love, Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gracie and Henri LOVE spa day! And Katie looks very very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous and shiny clean! The greyhounds do not enjoy their spa days, they think I am trying to torture them LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love my oatmeal shampoo. It helps my itchy skin in the summer. I dont share with Tink. ~Casey

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and try to respond back on your blogs.
I am sorry I cannot comment on blogs which require Google + or Facebook to comment. I am not a member and have no plans to join.