Monday, September 5, 2016

Meet the Newest Member of Sheltie Times


Katy here to announce I have a new sister, Annie. Her breeder named her Katie, but clearly that wasn't going to work. Mom and Dad worked up a list of names that ended in an long "e" sound and finally settled on Annie. We took a two hour trip to visit her and I was frustrated that she didn't come home with us. Mom thought I might be jealous because she got lots of Dog Dad's attention, but instead, I laid down in front of her pushing her closer to Dog Dad. I was sure this would mean we'd take her home with us that day, but Mom said it was more complicated than that. First Annie, had to heal from her spaying surgery. Then we went to Maine. However, soon after that her breeder brought her to Mom and Dad. I couldn't be at that meeting because I had a spa appointment. I will say I looked good when we met.


With the help of the New England Sheltie breeder informal network we found the newest member of our pack. Annie, formally Katie, is a 2 year old sable Sheltie. After several conversations with her breeder we met her on August 14th and fell instantly in love. She was still recovering from her spay and we were headed to Maine so we spoke to the breeder about a date that would work for bringing home our new girl. We had to work around our vacation and the breeder's schedule, but it all worked out and Annie came home August 27th.


I'm teaching Annie lots of new stuff. Just like Bailey helped me, I've been teaching her about stairs. I've also been teaching her the basics of bunny flushing and dog snuggling. She loves to zoomie and she might be even faster than I am. She is incredibly curious about everything. She's sniffed almost every square inch of the back yard. I though I was thorough, but she sniffs even more than I do.

We are all settling in, but are sure to have stories to share soon.

19 comments:

  1. Very nice to meet you Annie! Welcome to Blogville!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the pack Annie - you couldn't ask for a more loving home.

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big warm welcome to Annie!
    You are such a good girl to make her feel so loved Katy. She is a beauty, love her colouring.
    Elliot and Cricket x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwww!!! She's beautiful! Welcome Annie!

    Congrats on being a big sister Katy!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Welcome Annie! Such a beautiful gal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMD! ANNIE, Welcome to Blogville gurl!!!! You are one lucky gurl to have found such a FABulous furever home!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Annie!!! you are a beautiful girl!
    Katy what a wonderful sister you are to Annie
    Congratulations to all!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Annie...what a beautiful girl you are! We just know you and beautiful Katy are going to have tons of cool adventures together!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how exciting! Welcome home, Annie! And congrats on getting a sister, Katy! We are sure you'll show her all the ropes. Remember to focus on the important things, like showing her where the treats are kept and how to tool your parents into giving you one!
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome Annie! You have found a wonderful home! Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh I have TEARS in my eyes!!! She is GORGEOUS!!!! She looks like a girl-version of Dakota!!! ;)
    You KNOW I am partial to the Sable Shelties......OH I JUST LOVE HER!! Welcome Annie!!! We are just tickled for you!!!!!!!!
    xoxoxo
    DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to Blogville, Annie! Can't wait to hear all about your new adventures with your new family and sister. I have a sister named Annie too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to Annie. It sounds as if she has been settling in without any problem. We're happy Katy has a new playmate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, you're a real cutie, Annie! I'm sure you'll feel right at home with Katy showing you all the best places to shed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Annie! So glad you found a new home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome to Blogville Annie! We have been away from Blogging too long. We r excited u found your furever home. You both are cuties!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and try to respond back on your blogs.
I am sorry I cannot comment on blogs which require Google + or Facebook to comment. I am not a member and have no plans to join.